- What are Wild Parrots Doing in Brooklyn?
- Photo-Essay: The Fabulous Wild Parrots of Chicago
- Next Wild Brooklyn Parrot Safari: Saturday, January 4, 2014
- The Green-Wood Cemetery Parrots
- Don't Buy a Parrot - Adopt A Parrot!
- NJ Parrots Shut Down Transformer, Causing Outage to 500
- Look Out: The Mockingbirds Are Strafing Brooklyn
- Photo-Essay: The Wild Parrots of The Bronx!
Monday, April 08, 2013
Last year, Brooklyn Parrots' Steve Baldwin took off across the country to celebrate Woody Guthrie's 100th Birthday, taking part in the 99 mile foot march which set forth from Philadelphia's Liberty Bell for New York's Zuccotti Park. The song embedded below commemorates the trials of a march "on a road so hot that our brains began to boil." Steve, by the way, only made it 16 miles on the road to Zuccotti before falling victim to West Nile Disease on the outskirts of Trenton. I am told that this event was the longest musical march on U.S. soil.