Sunday, February 08, 2009
- What are wild parrots doing in Brooklyn?
- When is the next Wild Brooklyn Parrot Safari?
- About BrooklynParrots.com
|Music Video: The Ballad of the Brooklyn Parrots! (click on this link to view video in a larger window)|
|Brooklyn Parrot mugs, books, and more at the BrooklynParrots online store!|
|Join Our Mailing List
to learn about future "wild parrot safaris" in the NYC area.
Next Brooklyn Wild Parrot Safari: Saturday, May 1,...
Subway Sing-A-Long: Hey Jude
Letters Urgently Needed to Protect Quakers via NYS...
Endangered Queens Quaker Parrots: What To Do?
Disturbing News From Whitestone, Queens
BREAKING NEWS: New York City Council Will Soon Vot...
Monk Parakeet I Love You Mug: Perfect for Valentin...
WCBS-TV Covers Wild Parrots of Brooklyn
THE MEETLES: The One After 909
|Save Money and Support the Brooklyn Parrot Society! The Brooklyn Parrot Society is now working with We-Care.com, which helps non-profits and benefits shoppers using online coupons from Abebooks, Dell, Target, and many others. Please check out the Brooklyn Parrots store at We-Care.com!|
- Where are the parrots?
- What do the parrots sound like?
- Poems About the parrots
- Can I watch videos of the parrots?
- Brooklyn Parrots on the Science Channel
|Monkzilla (Legendary Feral Parrot of Brooklyn) Speaks Out on the Wild Quaker Parrot Crisis in Yacolt, Washington!|
|Video: Mark Bittner and Judy Irving (of "Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" fame) discuss the wild Quaker Parrots of Brooklyn|
|Video: Parrots Escape From Deadly Hawk in Brooklyn!|
|Quaker Parrot Stamps Back in Stock!|
|Video: Wild Quaker Parrots "Rumble" in Brooklyn!|
|Video: The Great Quaker Parrot Rescue|
|Video: Wild Parrots of the Bronx!|
|Photo-Essay: Marauding Falcon Nearly Ruins Brooklyn Parrots' Labor Day Parade!|
|Tango in America is a thriller starring a little green parrot from Argentina who's forcefully brought to the USA to be sold into captivity. You can buy it at Amazon.com or read the first four chapters for free. According to one reviewer, it's "North By Northwest meets The Godfather, starring parrots!"|
|Photo-Essay: A Bronx Tale: The Great Baby Quaker Parrot Rescue|
|Photo-Essay: Wild Parrots at Brooklyn's Green-Wood Cemetery Thriving in Springtime|
|New Video Clips and Production Notes From the Brooklyn Parrots Movie|
|Holiday Poem: A Brooklyn Parrot Christmas!|
|Photo-Essay: Edgewater's Big Wild Parrot Flock|
|Photo-Essay: March of the Monk Parrots!|
|New York's Wild Parrots Go Bonkers For Berries!|
|Photo-Essay: Quaker Parakeets: Master Architects of the Bird World!|
|Photo-Essay: Hawk Attack in Brooklyn!|
|The New Boids in Town (Baby Quaker Parrots Storm Brooklyn)|
|Photo-Essay: Monk Parrots Invade New Jersey Beaches!|
|Photo-Essay: Parrots Perch at Brooklyn's Gateway to Eternity (the Greenwood Cemetery Parrots)|
|Photo-Essay: The Fabulous Wild Parrots of Chicago|
|Check out the Brooklyn Parrots on Animal Planet!|
|Photo-Essay: Brooklyn's Hard-Working 8th Avenue Parrots|
|Photo-Essay: March Monk Parrot Madness!|
|NYC Wild Parrots Bid Farewell to Snow|
|Were You a Monk Parrot in a Past Life? Take the Quiz!|
|Do Brookyn Parrots Eat Pizza? Of Course They Do!|
|Photo-Essay: The Miracle on Avenue I|
|Squawking At the Moon: The Wild Parrots of Bay Ridge (Revisited)|
|Photo-Essay: Quaker Parrots: Master Architects of the Bird World|
|Photo-Essay: The Parrots of December|
|Wild Parrots in the Snow!|
|Photo-Essay: The Wild Parrots of The Bronx|
|Photo-Essay: The Wild Parrots of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn|
|Photo-Comic: The Surfin' Parrots of Puddle Beach|
|Monk Parrot High School Rumble!|
|Photo-Essay: Wild Parrots of Brooklyn|
|Photo-Essay: Wild Parrots of New Jersey|
|Photo-Comic: Diary of a Wild New Jersey Parrot|
|Photo-Essay: Canada Geese vs. Wooden Dogs|
|Photo-Essay: More Jersey Parrot Photos|
|Put a wild Brooklyn Parrot on your letters! Approved for domestic use by the United States Postal Service, these Quaker Parrot stamps are sold in sheets of 20 and are available in seven denominations.|
Monk Parrot Links
- Monk Parakeets at Brooklyn College: Invaders from the South?
- Institute for Biological Invasions
- Quaker Parrots Mailing List
- The Quaker Parakeet Society
- EdgewaterParrots.com (campaign to save the Edgewater parrots)
- The Invasive Species Weblog
- The Alex Foundation (research into parrot intelligence)
- The Araproject (feral macaws in the Netherlands)
- The Bailey Foundation (parrot rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption in Pennsylvania)
- Echo's Haven Bird Sanctuary (free-flight bird rescue community)
- FlyingColors-NC.com (parrot rescue, rehabilitation, adoption, and sanctuary in North Carolina)
- FosterParrots.com (parrot rescue, rehabilitation, adoption, and sanctuary)
- FreeParrots.net (parrots in the wild)
- The Maspeth Bird Haven (NYC area parrot refuge and rehabilitation)
- Parrot Link - UK (info on parrots as pets)
- Parrot Trust - USA (info on parrots in the wild)
- ParrotsInternational.org (parrots in the wild)
- ParrotChronicles.com (for pet parrot owners)
- Planned-Parrothood.com (info-rich parrot care portal)
- Adopt a homeless parrot! (petfinder.org)
- ThePerch.Net (online parrot-oriented community)
Famous Pet Quakers
- Stanley of Stanley's Quakerville
- A-waywithwords.net (dedicated to the legendary Fonzie)
- Max, the first responder (Canadian parrot performs amazing tricks)
- The Claudia Moss Gallery: Fantastic oil paintings of parrots
- Gloria Clifford's colorful parrot portraits
Interesting Parrot Products
- BirdTricks.com has some helpful parrot behavior tips and training resources.
- Texas-based distiller Raileen makes some incredible Monk Parakeet-branded rum (for human consumption)
Steve Baldwin is a marketing manager in the fun and exciting world of Search Engine Marketing. In his spare time, he documents the lives of wild monk parrots in New York. Steve is an author who has written several books, Netslaves (McGraw-Hill, 1999) and Netslaves II (Allworth Press, 2003). Netslaves was called "one of the best business books of 1999" by Library Journal. His new book, Tango in America, features a parrot as its heroine. He has a B.A. from Fordham University in New York City.